• My top 10.

Me and Stella, one of the site directors.
My top 10 goals while abroad

1. To know what makes the daily life in Argentina different from the United States.

2. To improve my Spanish and gain confidence in speaking it. I have lost a lot of passion for Spanish in the past year and I am hoping to rekindle my love for language.

3. To stretch myself in news ways in order to grow more as a person. This could include trying new foods or gaining confidence from new situations I would have not tried normally.

4. To marvel at everything around me. Too many of my days are spent on the go and often I get caught up in my busy lifestyle that I forget to stop and look around me. In a place where everything is new, I want to soak up all the beauty that surrounds me.
The city of Rosario

5.To do well in my classes, and succeed in what I am studying. That is what I am here for right?

6. To make strong relationships with people. Not only with my fellow study abroad students, but also with my host mom, professors, locals etc... There is something about the connections you make when you are traveling, for some reason the bonds hold stronger and the interactions are filled with honesty and compassion. (Looking forward to this one).

7. To pick up little cultural differences or habits that eventually will become part of me. This could include having a new favorite food, certain words I say, gestures, music I listen to, TV shows I watch, fĂștbol teams I root for or a dance I learn. 

8.To travel to a bordering country 
(possible options: Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil, Chile).



Some of my closest friends from the group
9. To gain confidence on how to travel. I still have insecurity when it comes to figuring out bus systems, staying in new places, or any other thing that involves traveling freely, without set plans. I am excited to gain knowledge on how to get around with confidence and not having a set a schedule that someone else planned out for me. (This is unlike Italy and Costa Rica where the program was pre-planned more).


10.To gain a new professional perspective Argentina and what role the country plays in being a part of Latin America. Latin America is my focus for International Studies, and I would like to gain insight on how the country confirms or challenges my prior knowledge that I have learned at University of Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment